Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blush and Bashful

Hello and Happy Sunday to you, friends. I had a nice day off and that gave me a chance to visit a lot of you and find out what is going on in your worlds. I wish you all a fabulous last couple of weeks of summer. I hope you join me in being so thrilled to welcome fall - my very favorite holiday. I am counting the days - sorry, summer. I love my crisp fall afternoons, pumpkins, and comfort food. I can't help it.

Tim and I spent the afternoon doing wedding stuff. We went to visit Orange Hill, which I shared with you in my last post. It is lovely and fits perfectly in our budget which is great. I don't think it is the right place for the ceremony itself though. There just isn't a rightful spot for such an important part of the day. So, off we went to research churches nearby. We stumbled upon the First Baptist Church of Yorba Linda. There is something so "southern" and "cottage-ish" about it.

It reminds me of the church in Steel Magnolias. Cute, isn't it? I know what you are thinking...Kristin loves cottage AND all things southern.
It is definately a contender.
I have given myself a month deadline to book a site and with that, to finalize a day.
I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Love the church - so you.