Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed

Or the pumpkin butter, I should say. These little jars of goodness are a fall staple in a lot of houses out there, including mine. I tried it for the first time last year (after witnessing the pumpkin butter frenzy at my store when the first few dozen jars came in) and have been a fan ever since. Williams-Sonoma customers stock up for the whole season and our stores always sell out. I think the appeal has something to do with the versitility of pumpkin butter. The options are endless - pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin spread, and our favorite, the dessert squares can all be made using pumpkin butter. I also like to use it on my toast - yum! If you haven't ever tried it, I recommend that you take a trip to your local Williams-Sonoma and pick up a jar or two. Be sure to visit www.muirheadfoods.com for tons of amazing recipes to put that pumpkin butter to use.
And let the fall baking season begin...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Literally, you have given us a taste of fall.

I'm ready. It's one of my favorite seaons.

I need to get over to my local Williams Sonoma and see if they have any plates with a rooster motif. I want to fill my new hutch with roosters (faux, of course) and rooster designed plates.

Have a great day.

Melissa