Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm back...

I had a great time in Scottsdale - and I thought I would share some of my favorite moments of my trip with all of you.
Here we are at the People First Awards all decked out in our formal attire. I bought a new dress for the event because I am in between sizes. My dress from last year was too big (woo hoo), and I still have a few pounds to go for the other dresses to fit. I think it turned out classic and nice.
Here is the food sampling seminar that we attended. Kind of a sneak peak at the food items that will be new to our stores this holiday season. Three cocktail mixes, including my favorite (far left) which was the Spiced Pineapple Cooler. In the candy box, my favorite treat was an artisan toffee - oh my goodness!
This guy is part of our holiday line this season. All decked out in his Williams-Sonoma fineries - complete with a beautiful Mauviel copper hat. Don't you just love it.
And last but not least, I thought I would share a photo of one of my heroes - our founder - Chuck Williams. Fifty two years ago, he brought his dream to life when he opened his very first store in Sonoma, California. Today it is one of the most successful retail establishments in existance. At ninety-four years old, he is still living his dream. What an amazing life he has had. Chuck, we love you.
"And, like any good traveler, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
Hope your week is off to a smashing start, friends.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Looks like it was a fun time!
Love your dress, you look beautiful!!
Have a wonderful evening,
Rosemary