Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Sunday

Tim and I had the pleasure of babysitting our little nephews Shane and Zack today. Their parents went to Del Mar for a day of fun in the sun and we got to run after these two balls of fire. We played Cooties (the game), built Tinkertoys (my favorite when I was little) and went to the park to eat dinner and play on the playground.
Here is my little Shanie on the swings. They are so photogenic, aren't they? What you don't get pictures of is Zack trying to climb up the slide and me saying "No, Zack" and "Play nicely you two." After about an hour of making sure they didn't kill themselves (or anyone else) at the park, Tim looked at me and said "Let's just be those people who travel and don't have kids." Our quiet and clean little lifestyle won't know what hit it when we finally decide to become parents.
But it was all worthwhile at the end of the day when I sat down on the couch and they fought over who got to sit on my lap while we watched Blue's Clues. I convinced them that there was room enough for both of them and so, he we are. Snuggletime is always the best part of the day, wouldn't you agree?
Hope you found time to get a little snuggling in this weekend.


1 comment: