Friday, August 8, 2008

Just amazing...

I don't have a million friends - I never have. I'm more of the have a few close and dear people who really knock your socks off kind of girl. The older I get, the more I learn about true friendship and what it truly means to be a friend.
I am so blessed to have a handful of amazing people who I call friends. One of those dear people is my beautiful friend Katrina. We have only been friends for a few years, but I really feel like I have known her my whole life. We have a lotin common - including ten years of growing up with the same jobs at the same company. We had the same role model - Marilyn Price - who taught both of us so much and was someone we both patterned ourselves after. We left our company around the same time and helped each other get over the hurdles of leaving the nest - and believe me, it has been a rocky road for both of us.
She is there for me and I am there for her. Period. And even though she is in Texas, I know that she is just a phone call, text, or IM away.
And tonight, I got the most amazing box of goodies from her. Three gifts to celebrate three milestones - birthday, engagement and new home - all from her new company - Lush cosmetics. I can hardly wait to try each and every bit! The packages are all so lovely, I feel sad opening them!
Katrina, I hope you know what your friendship means to me. It is something I truly treasure. I am so excited to have you come out soon and be here for my wedding. Thank you for my goodies and for just being you. Simply an amazing friend!

2 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

How cool is that? She's a wonderful person to be so thoughtful and kind. Aren't a lot of people like that in the world.

Rosemary said...

That is really nice!
You are a lucky girl!
Rosemary