Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A First Look...

I thought I would share two wedding venues that Tim and I are considering for our big day. We sat down this past week with a pen and paper and hammered out our budget, our guest list (which is 75 people strong), and made some tough choices. We decided that we do not want children (other than our little nephews) and that Tim would have to pass on inviting some of his more casual friends in order to keep the number down. We also went through about 100 venues online and narrowed our choices down to a few favorites, and these are the front runners.
Orange Hill Restaurant has a lot to offer, including a garden area for the actual ceremony and one of the best views in Orange County. I think the banquet room is quite elegant and sophisticated. What do you think, be honest!
Just imagine having a cocktail overlooking the city lights.
Lovely, isn't it?
And then there is Cannon's in Dana Point. This restaurant has a very different beach classy feel. We would have to move the ceremony to a church (we may do that anyway) because I think the ceremony space here looks way too cramped for my taste. I like the slightly non-traditional feel in a way and let's face it, who doesn't love the ocean?
So, if any of you have ever been to either of these places or just want to weigh in with your opinion, I would love it!

5 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

I vote for Orange Hill given the timing. Beach/outdoors in winter is too iffy. It's lovely but ... more for June-Oct. And Orange Hill looks amazing!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, they are all so lovely and elegant.

Decisions, decisions.

Melissa

Jules said...

Well, first off, I adore Orange Hill! It is gorgeous and unique. Secondly, I worked at Blue Lantern Inn next door to Cannons for five years and saw disaster after disaster when our guests either had weddings there or attended them. Hopefully it has changed quite a bit. Their view is amazing....
Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to share from experience.

Jeff said...

I too favor Orange Hill. I like it when the wedding occurs at the same place as the reception. I think churches are stuffy places. Churches also remind me of funerals and I think it's best to keep joy and grief separated. You can apply the "circle of life" argument, but I prefer compartmentalization.

Peris said...

Just found your blog and I love it...I love how you write so down to earth....even though I don't know you I vote for Orange Hill.....My parents over 30 years ago had their first date there....I have always driven by it when we visit my grandparents and hope to go there one day....it looks so pretty and so fancy!!!!!Happy Planning!